The company 2018-2019 BMW is able to frankly surprise with their new cars. It recently emerged coupe electric i3, then the world became acquainted with the amazing sport electric cars i8. And now what next? As it turned out, another unusual product has become the Bavarian compact minivan, designed
First of all, 2018-2019 BMW and minivans were previously generally incompatible concepts. But the market is growing, growing consumer demand, and therefore the companies that claim to be a world leader in the automotive manufacturing sector, it is necessary to try new niche, run a series of new cars for themselves classes.
Perhaps many of you are already familiar with the car 2018-2019 BMW 2-Series Active Tourer, Venom and compact, providing a space inside the cabin for five people. It is at its base and was built by Grand Tourer, but to add to it one more seat in the gallery.
In fact, the new Grand Tourer – is the same Active Tourer, with only a long wheelbase, as well as some other new features, which we’ll talk today with you in greater detail.
Presentation of new items will be held very soon, namely in March this year, when the annual auto show held in Geneva. After that, 2018-2019 BMW will begin the active phase of preparation for the sale of its new Vienna, which will be offered along with his younger brother less capacious.
Exterior 2018-2019 BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer 2016 2017
In fact, significant differences from Vienna in five-seven-seat variation no. Too much like cars. But it is impossible not to note how they cute and interesting.
The front part was the huge nostrils traditional Bavarian automaker, stylish trim grille, sloping hood, well-designed optics, which were widely used LED strip and enough classic fog lights round shape. In general, the car looks the front bumper with its weighty and distinct ducts very worthy.
Side view makes it clear how much the wheelbase has increased. The rear doors are much larger, increased glazing on the windows, the roof was higher, I purchased a flat line.
The rear part of the transformed compared with younger Venom through the use of a larger tailgate, modified optics and the most overall height of the vehicle.
In general, the machine looks very worthy, despite the fact that the family minivan in front of us. It is to this class of car and should be treated. But many manufacturers have had in recent years show that the once dull and gray minivans can have a superior design. 2018-2019 BMW followed the same path, presenting a good product with an attractive appearance.
And how much different 2018-2019 BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer on the dimensions of your soplatformennika? For example, the length has increased by 214 millimeters, and the wheelbase has increased by 110 millimeters. Not without changing the pitch, which has increased by 53 millimeters. As a result, now the following dimensions:
- length – 4556 mm;
- width – 1800 mm;
- height – 1608 mm;
- wheelbase – 2780 mm;
- ground clearance – 135 mm.
All this was done in order to be able to offer the customer one additional row of seats. It is important to note that this seven-seater minivan is arbitrary, since the last series is offered as an option. Basic had two rows of seats.
Unfortunately, the seven-seat modification will not please everyone. That’s because the gallery space was a little, and get to the third row of an adult will be very difficult. Plus low landing. It is ideal for small children, but the third row is not exactly designed for adults.
Interior 2018-2019 BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer
Standard 2018-2019 BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer is available with two rows of seats and a third row of the customer can order the optional, as we already said.
In principle, the interior was very similar to his younger soplatformennika. But this does not take away the obvious advantages of the car. Inside, everything is done qualitatively, of good-quality materials, responsibly and even original.
Discuss finishing materials and ergonomics is hardly worth it, because in front of us 2018-2019 BMW. Everything as always on top.
Standard double-row interior offers five seats, taking into account the driver, as well as moving along the interior of the second row seats. They are able to move to 130 millimeters. Slide them all the way to the front seats, the boot capacity thus comes to 805 liters. If you move them all the way back – the trunk is reduced to 645 liters. Also, the back row seatback folded, forming a perfectly flat loading area to 1905 liters.
Third row – a place for children and only. The presence of even a single seat for two passengers takes luggage space, leaving 560 liters and 1820 liters with the seats of different configurations.
Tailgate enough to use comfortably and safely even for tall people, because the lid is raised high above his head. Plus, you can order the optional electric drive, which will equip the tailgate. We’ll get such a chip in 490 euros.
Options 2018-2019 BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer
In general, the equipment in the 2018-2019 BMW Gran Tourer is already too rich. In principle, then wonder hardly worth it.
As an additional and basic equipment company from Bavaria offers to its customers:
- multimedia corporate complex iDrive;
- touchscreen color display Media 6.5 or 8.8 inches;
- head-up display on the windshield;
- electronic manual parking brake;
- climate control;
- adaptive cruise control;
- warning system for possible collisions;
- assistance system when driving in dense traffic;
- control system for speeding;
- help system starting up the hill;
- tracking system for road markings and intersection;
- parking assistance system;
- xenon head optics and light-emitting diodes;
- electric front seats;
- LED projector to highlight the manufacturer’s logo on the front doors;
- holder to transport bicycles and so on.
Level of equipment 2018-2019 BMW traditionally rich. We hope that a number of interesting equipment manufacturer offer already in the basic version. Unfortunately, many people are now condemned 2018-2019 BMW, Mercedes, Audi, because they give too little in the database, and all of the major delights include only extra charge. Maybe in the case of a family minivan situation changes somewhat.
Price 2018-2019 BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer
As we have said, the car will be officially unveiled in Geneva in March this year. According to statements by the company 2018-2019 BMW, sales of its elongated compact minivan will begin this summer, and the starting price will be 28,700 euros.
If we talk about Russia, there is the novelty should also be presented officially, ie it can be purchased in the network of official dealers of 2018-2019 BMW. Unfortunately, the veins will have to wait, perhaps as much as his soplatformennika – until early next year. This is at best.
Of course, about the price for the Russians, we can not yet say anything.
Specifications 2018-2019 BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer
The car will have only front-wheel drive, and with the start of sales will be available five engines – three diesel and two petrol.
It should be noted that the technical characteristics of new items look quite decently. There are some quite frail motors, but even they are quite enough to meet the needs of the driver and his passengers.
The engines will be equipped with three transmissions – one manual on the six steps, and two machine guns on the 6 and 8 assists.
Now for the motors.
- Junior diesel has three cylinders and 1.5 liter capacity. When power 116 horsepower, torque is 270 Nm. From zero to hundred accelerates in 11.1 seconds, top speed – 192 kilometers per hour. Average fuel consumption – 4 liters per 100 kilometers.
- More serious diesel engine has four cylinders and 2.0 liters of displacement. This allows you to give 150 horsepower and 330 Nm. Up to 100 km / h from standstill in gains of 9.3 seconds and a maximum accelerates to 205 kilometers per hour. Average consumption of 4.3 to 4.5 liters.
- The top-end is to be a two-liter turbodiesel with 190 hp and 400 Nm of torque. It works only in tandem with 8AKPP and accelerates from zero to hundred in 7.6 seconds. Maximum speed is 218 kilometers per hour, and the average flow rate – from 4.9 to 5.1 liters per 100 kilometers.
- While younger petrol engine will be a 1.5-liter three-cylinder unit with a capacity of 136 horsepower and a torque of 220 Nm. It works with six mechanics and dials the first hundred on the speedometer in 9.5 seconds. Maximum speed – 205 kilometers per hour, and the rate – about 5-5.5 liters per 100 kilometers.
- The top petrol engine has four cylinders and 2.0 liters of volume, from which extracted 192 horsepower and 280 Nm. From zero to hundred accelerates in 7.7 seconds and a top speed of 223 kilometers per hour. Consumption – from 6.2 to 6.5 liters per 100 kilometers.
Roles younger and older gasoline engine diesel engine timing as this fall will go on sale two motors that can complete your 2018-2019 BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer. This, as you know, would be the most affordable petrol engine, as well as the most efficient turbocharged diesel engine. Their characteristics manufacturer is silent.
Video Test Drive 2018-2019 BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer
For a company such product 2018-2019 BMW 2018-2019 BMW 2-Series Gran Tourer is a novelty, since previously the Bavarian carmaker minivans was not engaged. But if you look at the Grand Tourer and Active Tourer to take into account that the first attempt in front of us, it looks great and very worthy. Better than many minivans that produce companies that have vast experience in the creation of such vehicles.
We will not yet running too much forward and see how positively consumers perceive this vein. That’s after that you can draw some conclusions. Anyway, we wish good luck to the company 2018-2019 BMW in her new endeavors. While their minivans looks very, very promising.